The New School:
In 1940 the school was replaced by what we now call the new school. Father Larkin, athlete, musician, patriot and priest led the parish to build three schools, Drim, Moyglass and Ballinakill all in the space of two years. Finance was raised solely through concerts, feiseanna, competitions and céilithe.
The "new" school comprised of two classrooms, cloakrooms and a spacious corridor. Numbers on roll fluctuated from 78 to 45 and then again back to 62. Henry Manning and Mrs. Slattery taught both in the old and new school. Mr.Manning retired and was replaced by Martin Fahy. Mrs. Slattery was replaced by Junie Lynch many years later.
From the early 90's the intake to Ballinakill School increased and enrolment reached 62. A third teacher was sanctioned. At present Mr.Fahy, Mrs.Broderick and Miss Casement are the three permanent teachers in the school.